First Great Western Train
It is one of the most famous train operating companies of the UK, which is known to deliver the fastest and world class services to the passengers. The fleet of this operator comprises the fastest and modern trains which are going to give you amazing experience of travelling. The service of the company connects the major destinations of the Europe with London. This company started it operations in the year 1998 under the name of First Greater Western Ltd and is a British company, which is owned by First Group. It operates high speed train services between south Wales, London Paddington and West Country. It serves around 270 stations of the United Kingdom and carries around 4985 million passengers every year to the various destinations it serves. Basically this company was formed after the privatisation of the British rail and it created a vast market for itself in very short period of time.
Fleet of the company
This company has few of the fastest trains of the Europe and possesses one of the largest fleet in the continent. The present fleet of the company consists of following trains:-
- 117 class 43 trains
- 4 class 57 diesel trains
- 7 class 142
- 25 class 150 sprinter trains
- 26 class 166 network express trains
- 36 class 165 network turbo trains
Major routes of the company
Company operates the services to few of the major destinations of the Europe and provide very good connectivity to the LondonPaddington with rest of the Europe. Following are the major routes of the company:-
- Inter city services- it provides very good network of intercity connections and operates the services from London to following major destinations:-
- South Wales
- South west England
- Commuter routes- company also provide the commuter service from the London Paddington to the following destinations:-
- Named trains- Company also provides services to some of the major tourist destinations of the Europe in the form of named trains. Following are some of the famous trains that come under this category:-
- Cathedrals express
- Cornish Riviera express
- The red dragon
- Cheltenham Spa Express
Book Train Tickets
- season tickets are meant for the travellers who use to travel to the same destination for more than 3 times a week. If you are a frequent visitor, then you can go for the season tickets which will help you save some money. The season tickets are now available online.
- if you are planning for a journey with this operator then you can also buy advance ticket. These tickets are subjected to the availability and once you are going to buy these tickets you have to travel in the train mentioned on your ticket.
Buy any time
- travel anytime ticket- if you want complete flexibility of your journey, then you can buy the anytime tickets with which you can travel with any train operated by this company.
Customer Services Team
Customer Services 08457 000 125 (open 07:00 to 22:00 daily)
Textphone 18001 0800 197 1329
First Great Western, Freepost SWB40576
Plymouth, PL4 6ZZ